Zebra by Vitalik Dumyn
Read me here:
Vicky Form is a Mexican lingerie company that has recently released a campaign called ”New commandments for women.”
1. I shall never call another woman a whore.
2. No one can convince me from not wearing a condom.
3. I shall never get pregnant just to keep a man by my side.
4. No one can judge me based on the number of people I’ve slept with.
5. Is my responsibility to fight for my own (woman) rights.
6. I will not tolerate any kind of violence towards myself.
7. I will not fear or be ashamed if I find myself attracted to woman.
8. It is my decision if i want to get married or not. (and don’t deserve to be judged for it.)
I find this campaign to be a ‘big deal’ for the fact that is released in Mexico. One of the most sexists, closed minded and underdeveloped countries in the world.
Not so many companies take the risk to make advertisements like this because they’re obviously going to be criticized and possibly be affected by it.
Someone is taking the risk, telling the truth, and trying to get to the minds of the people. Sharing the fact that we are all human, and have to be equally treated like it, leading to a better and more developed society.
Its a big step for Mexico, and for women.
Photo by Cornell Gill 1957
Art by John Lennon, 1969.
isn’t it interesting how john draws with the photo as a reference? he and yoko aren’t drawn any differently from anyone else—they are separate and squeezed together in the photo as well as the sketch—yet everything is perfectly translated into that squiggly style of his. you can tell that john pays great attention to detail, but the interpretation is uniquely john.